Researching and selecting the best embroidery machine for home business is a grueling task. There are so many opinions out there that make us uncertain as to which one to trust and what embroidery machine to go for.
We understand your pain and are aware that you have a lot of interesting home business ideas ready to burst in your mind. And the only thing that’s stopping you is an embroidery machine that suits your professional needs and still is within your budget.
Let us present you a list of the top five models in the retail market right now. You can go through the reviews and select the best embroidery machine to start a small business that you think is ideal.
Each one is better than the other and a quick glance at the pros and cons will help you choose your workhorse.
Top 5 Embroidery Machines for Home Business Comparison
Before you go through the reviews, have a quick look at this list of the top embroidery machines.
Our all-time favorite brands Janome, Brother, and Singer make an appearance because those are the ones that innovate when it comes to professional embroidery machines and sewing instruments.
|Key Feature||Real-time PC connectivity||4-Needles Machine||Best For Fabric Crafting||Great Valued Package||Best Affordable Machine|
|Max. Embroidery Size||9.1" x 11.8"||9.4" x 7.9"||6.7" x 7.9"||5'' x 7''||10” x 6”|
|No. of Designs||350||50||175||136||250|
|No. of Fonts||11||10||2||6||20|
|No. of Sewing Stitches||400||-||200||184||215|
|No. of Buttonhole||13 One-step||-||6 One-step||10 One-step||6 One-step|
|Work Light||10 LEDs||4 LEDs||5 LEDs||2 LEDs||6 LEDs|
If any one of these five fancies you, just check out their review below, order it, and start a countdown before you make your dream come true!
How We Picked?
We have categorized the five models into two sections:
- Top three picks that are superior in their feature and price ranges
- Two affordable models for those who want to start out slow i.e. on a budget
Be rest assured that all five have been tested and analyzed, and are the best in their lot. They all cater to the diverse needs of experienced embroiders like you who need advanced features, simple usability, and lots of power.
Running a home-based embroidery business means creating a variety of designs and focusing on the minute details that your clients demand.
Getting one of these five will ensure that your clients stay happy but more than that your Instagram followers and sales numbers stay on the rise. Good luck!
Top 3 Quality Embroidery Machines For Home Business
These three models are handpicked from the online retail market and are known for their top features like advanced monogramming and multiple needles, extra durability so that you can work on it for hours without stopping, and longevity which ensures it is a one-time investment.
A perfect combination of all the parameters required to kickstart and maintain your home embroidery business.
1 – Janome Memory Craft 14000 Sewing and Embroidery Machine
An absolute workhorse, this Janome sewing embroidery machine is like a dream come true.
- Real-time PC connectivity (and USB compatibility) for advanced designing and embroidery
- Full-color LCD touchscreen allows you to create your own designs and edit the 350 built-in ones
- The hoop size of 9.1” x 11.8” is large enough for working on all sizes of materials
- Monogramming of up to 3 letters at once with 11 built-in fonts
- LED lighting at 5 locations makes it look like a stadium when you’re working
- Controls on the LCD screen are slightly complex
- Single needle
The Memory Craft 14000 has so many features that it will take weeks for a true embroidery enthusiast to fully grasp its potential. Which is definitely not a bad thing, you know.
The maximum speed of 1000 stitches per minute (spm) with the facility of automatic needle threading and tension control will help you wrap up your projects faster.
Although the LCD screen will feel a bit complex to operate at start, the instructional DVD and manual will ease you into all the functions and controls.
What makes this monogramming machine for small business even more capable is the 11 fonts with support for European characters. No more fretting when your teen daughter asks you to embroider the words “slightly risqué” in her handkerchief. “All right, my doll!”
It has 400 built-in stitches and 13 one-step buttonholes that will help you cover all types of sewing and quilting.
It also has a free arm and an extra-long hoop size to work on larger projects, and which make this the best embroidery machine for small business.
The automatic feed is another great feature that does not require you to forever hunch over the machine.
2 – Janome MB-4S Commercial 4 Needle Embroidery Machine
There’s an inexpressible charm to industrial grade machines that work like an assembly line. You just set it up and the line takes care of it. This Janome 4-needle embroidery machine is just that.
- Four needles on a single head, expandable hoop
- The Remote Computer Screen (RCS) allows you to take complete control of your Janome machine. You can create and edit designs, and even control other machines through a single panel
- Automatic thread cutter (as in sergers) is smart enough to understand when you need the thread to be cut depending upon the project. For monogramming projects, it cuts between letters
- Bulkier than its counterparts
- Limited built-in design options
This multi-needle embroidery machine is more than professional equipment that is specifically designed to appease a home business owner. Janome understands your specific needs and has therefore focused on automation.
It has a dedicated bobbin winder, automatic needle threader and tension control, and a wide work area.
The versatility of editing your designs is path-breaking, as you can use the Remote Computer Screen (RCS) to not only snip and snap your designs, but also combine and experiment.
Owning a home business means getting weird requirements from clients, and with this, they are never a problem.
This is the perfect embroidery machine for hats and shirts and tote bags and every other creative product in your business inventory.
With the Janome MB-4S which has a maximum speed of 800 spm, it’s like owning a factory right inside your house.
3 – Janome Horizon Memory Craft 9900 Sewing and Embroidery Machine
Running a home business means getting creative with your work to increase your clientele and sales. What better way than to diversify and explore products that are not just wearables?
- Feature-packed machine for business owners who embroider products for home décor, crafts, and decoration. It supports embroidery, quilting, and general sewing
- Variable speed between the range of 400 and 800 spm
- Easy operation through LCD touchscreen
- Improved lighting with 5 white LEDs that let you pay attention to details
- The machine only supports 9mm feet
The Janome Memory Craft 9900 is suitable for those who have a wide range of products in their kitty.
A less-advanced version of the Memory Craft 14000, this one boasts of complete editing functions (like a sewist version of Photoshop), a memory capacity of 3 MB so that you can store your bestseller designs, and a robust and powerful sewing system that can stitch through multiple layers of fabric.
When you are working with different fabrics, the one feature that comes handy is speed control. With the Janome 9900, you can vary the speed between 400 and 800 spm depending upon your project.
It comes with several accessories that make sewing certain types of stitches easier. 200 built-in stitches, 175 embroidery designs, and 6 one-step buttonholes are like icing on the top.
One of the primary reasons why all the three models above are from Janome is because they have excellent customer support. Just visit their website and use the most suitable medium to get in touch with them. A solution is guaranteed.
Best Affordable Embroidery Machines for Home Business
You are a hobbyist and you are just starting up. Of course, you don’t need all these advanced features that you will never use.
So, why not trade them for a reduced price but still retain all the power of a professional embroidery machine?
Here you go!
1 – Brother SE1800 Sewing and Embroidery Machine
Ready to be used as soon as it ships to your house, this affordable combo machine is the perfect package for a hobbyist who has plans to start a business.
- A hobbyist’s wonder equipment with lots of built-in options and ability to import designs through USB
- 5x7-inch-wide embroidery field large projects
- Wide range of built-in designs (184 sewing stitches, 10 buttonhole styles, 136 designs, and 6 fonts) for experimenting
- Built-in memory enables you to use your own designs + USB compatibility
- Beginners may take extra time to learn the controls
The Brother SE1800 is one of the bestselling models in this range for a couple of reasons.
The ability to import premium designs from the internet is arguably its best feature. It can positively impact your inventory as you can play with different designs for your clients.
The work field is wide enough and moderately lit for large projects. The 5×12 inch multi-position embroidery hoop is a godsend because we’ve found that it reduces the work time by half or more. You can attach the material to the hoop in the best suitable position and feed it.
The 22-lbs machine is light enough for easy portability, and also comes with a sturdy protective carrying case.
2 – SINGER XL-580 Futura Embroidery and Sewing Machine
This is a very good embroidery machine with large hoop for home business especially because it has a string of peculiar features that you won’t find in any other models on this list.
- The large Endless Embroidery Hoop (6.75” x 4”) is great to work on borders that is not possible with traditional machines
- Hands-free presser foot lifter is a feature you’ll love because our hands are all over the material
- Complementary software like AutoPunch and HyperFont allow you to convert images to embroidery designs and fonts on your PC into monogramming fonts respectively
- Powerful motor with a dedicated on for bobbin winding, it is more robust than the above model
- Slightly complex operations; user must have experience in using a computer
While the Singer Futura XL-580 is slightly more advanced than the above model, the cost is what makes it a steal.
A plethora of high-tech features like multi-hooping capability for larger projects, knee lifter, and speed control makes it a competitive machine.
The endless hoop is perhaps its greatest feature because now you can easily work on the borders of your creations and never let them go blank.
With 6 LED lights located at the right places, you can be sure that the end design is as similar as you thought.
It also boasts of 250 designs, 215 stitches, 3 extra hoops, 20 fonts that are expandable, 6 one-step buttonholes, and a variety of accessories.
All of this at such a great price makes it a good embroidery machine for home business.
We hope that these brief embroidery machine reviews of the top 5 models will help you make a wise purchase.
Starting an online embroidery business can be very lucrative and interesting, but before you get on with it, you should sort out one thing. And that is to get a machine that is reliable, versatile, and ahead of its time. We have ensured that all the five models above check all those three adjectives.
Let us know your pick in the comments below.